Youth & Young Families
This is the place to learn all sorts of information about the Youth Programs at Siloam. This is a general outline – for more specific details check the weekly bulletin. Also, be sure to check the Young People’s Ministry Quarterly Report.
Hops and Hope – A fun night of games and discussion at a local pub, Hops and Hope is a great place of connection with Twenty- and early Thirtysomethings. Contact Jen Prince [email protected] for more information and come out and enjoy a beverage and some pub food with a great group of young adults from across the city!
Open Mic Coffee House – Sing a tune, slam a poem, bust a move! Once a month we gather with 30 to 40 teens from across the city at the Family Centre Carling Thames to enjoy some great snacks and some even greater people. Come out and perform something that speaks to you, or just sit back and enjoy the show. Contact Jen Prince [email protected] for more information.
Intergenerational Worship – Join us each month from September to May in a special service with an awesome band, fun videos, and interactive messages that are accessible for 1 year olds to 101 year olds!
CHILDREN (Infants to Grade 8)
- Sunday School programs year ‘round
- Supervised nursery
- Monday morning Early Years Centre playgroup
- Vacation Bible School – phone the church office for dates, information and to register
- Special Events do occur so check our site or Fanfare regularly
- There are also 2 Girl Guide Units affiliated with Siloam
- Confirmation classes
- Retreats, outreach projects and opportunities to share musical gifts
- Online connections and emails
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and credit toward community service hours
- Mentoring programs in Audio Visual support
- Marriage Preparation on request
- Sunday morning services are a mix of traditional and contemporary elements
- Opportunities to share your skills and passions in a number of ways
- United Church retreats for Young Adults